KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH THOSE WE CARE ABOUT

KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH THOSE WE CARE ABOUT

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year !!!!

To see in the New Year 'Husband Dear' and I took in the sights, sounds and smells at Brighton Beach armed of course with a chilled bottle of French Champagne and two flutes. Very quiet and very pleasant.

It has been two months since I have had a moment to do an update and for those of you who visit, I apologise for the long silence. You must have thought I had dropped off the planet. I will be able to do better in 2009 as we will be a very well organised at Number 15 with nothing but routine in it. I can just hear some of you out there saying "Yeah, yeah!" Seriously, it is Babes VCE year and I can assure you that routine is the name of the game and it will happen.


The other good thing that is happening this year is that we have a new starter at work. Eliza starts on the 5th January and the relief is enormous. I feel as though I have been holding this place together with only the skin on my teeth. I will be working 4 days with Mondays off, Eliza will be working 5 days and Danielle 1 day. One thing I have realised over the past few months is that I do not want to work full time. Four days will hopefully be a good balance and I may as well do it while I can as once retired there is no going back.


Babe has been down at Philip Island enjoying time with her friends and Husband Dear has been hard at work around the house. We are having a new back yard fence put up at the beginning of February but the contractor wants the old fence and the ivy which has been holding it up for more years than it should have, removed. HD and neighbour Russell have been building up a sweat and taking trips to the tip. It is hard work but all should be ready before we leave on our well earned holidays. The only one who is not looking forward to the holiday is Cuddles who has a miserable time at the Cattery and puts herself on a diet through nothing else but worry.

OK. I will update this with the exciting photos of my Amy Butler 'almost finished' project and some extras.

No comments: