KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH THOSE WE CARE ABOUT

KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH THOSE WE CARE ABOUT

Friday, April 25, 2008

QUILTS



Hi there,

This is the latest quilt or should I say quilts I have been working on. I am using the range of fabrics from 'Maywood Studio' Romance Flannel - 33 Sweet sixteen fabric. My friend Myrane and I each purchased the range at Caulfield Stitches and Craft Show. Myrane is making a 75th birthday lap quilt for her mother and I am making three lap quilts for Mothers Day. One for my mother Lorraine, one for my mother-in-law Rosa and the other for my special mother Annie Burns. The label on each will show three hearts alongside their names. I hope they will appreciate how much they are loved and that they are three very special ladies.


The quilt I have just finished was made for my brother-in-laws 60th birthday. He lives in Geneva, Switzerland and also has a chalet in the mountains where I can visualise this quilt living. I finished it one hour before cutoff for the quilt hanging our local group put on which is where this photo was taken with Husband Dear. I hope Reudi thinks of us when he uses it even though we are on the other side of the world.

I am a proud member of Bay Quilters, a local group with over 120 members. We meet once a month at the Library Complex in Reserve Road, Beaumaris and have a wonderful day enjoying the company of like-minded women. We all enjoy 'Show and Tell', guest speakers, a wonderful library, a Trading Table, morning teas and lunches.

I should be stitching now instead of setting up this blog. Oooops.

Well, I hear Husband Dear tromping around having just come in from the garden so I had better get off this and throw the stove into action.

Keep smiling

1 comment:

Miz said...

I can't belive you will be making 3 Quilts before Mother day and I still have not done the one for my Mum